02 April 2008

it's not your fault, blogspot


I started writing a post that was shaping up to be pretty decent, then I clicked on my IMDB button without opening a new tab. Guess what happened? I went straight to IMDB and lost the post. It's ok, I didn't spend too much time on it, and I was just writing about Battlestar Galactica anyway. This post is not about Battlestar. It's not about the fact that there are in fact two half-human, half-cylon babies, or about what Cally's gonna do when she finds out that her husband is a toaster. I won't mention the time that Cally went all Jack Ruby on Boomer after Boomer put two bullets into the Old Man's belly. This post is not about Saul Tigh, who fought two wars, lost an eye, lost his wife,only to find out that he is, in fact, the same enemy he spent his life fighting against.

I won't show you this picture, which hangs on the wall of President Roslin's office. I don't need to explain that it's called Lest We Forget, and it depicts a Colonial soldier driven to his knees by the carnage and wanton destruction that was the Cylon attack on the 12 Colonies. I won't draw the obvious parallels to the most significant event Americans have seen since Pearl Harbor. This post is not about Battlestar Galactica. This post is about baseball, springtime, coffee, and girls who wear sweaters. I missed the first 3 Red Sox games of the year, but I only regret missing the first 2. Should've gotten up at 6am to see them play in Japan. Tonight's game, I'm sure, was pretty forgettable,and there are 159 left before the end of the season. Tonight was more about springtime, and sitting outside chatting, drinking coffee, way too much coffee. It was about good company, about feeling the rightness of where I am. Today was about the past, the present, even a little about the future. It was about keeping secrets, not spilling the beans. (ha-ha, beans! Spoodle!) It was about a girl I know, a girl with blue eyes wearing a blue sweater, lighting her cigarettes with a blue lighter, and it was about a blue couch I used to have. I hatched a plan to play an elaborate prank on a co-worker. I'll blog about that one after it happens. Loose lips do indeed sink ships. I took two showers and had a burrito for dinner, not to mention the fact that the local 24 was out of my cigarettes, so I had to switch up. There's more, there's always more, but I just noticed the time and I've got a date with a certain Battlestar named Galactica...

No comments: