09 September 2008

I remember the first time I went to where you lived and saw the ticket stub from Juno on your wall. That's when I knew.

I remember waiting for you in the rain; we saw a crappy movie and I fell down the stairs and hurt my knee but it was a great night.

I remember trying to get onto a rooftop with you on July 4th. I thought an alarm would sound if I opened the door. I told you to get ready to run if it did go off. When I tried to open the door it was locked. We found a great spot anyway.

I remember grim topics and conversations about books, I remember wanting to read Harry Potter because I wanted to see what it was that you loved. I remember that I love you because you take me for me.

I am grateful that Bastian took an interest in this Toaster.

The road and days stretch out before us. I'm glad not to walk it alone.

3 comments:

a bonsai said...

a bee told me, he worries about balance of space, sun and wind. ...and not knowing what map you need to be at ease outside of this oasis.

bastian is lucky. he couldn't dream of anyone more benevolent.

Unknown said...

Tasha and St. Nick are very happy that Brian has someone to love.

Brian O'Blivion said...

Who is Brian? Frakkin Toaster is the author of this blog. 'tis still sweet of you...